Tanzania to Employ 500 Wildlife Conservators

Mwanza — ABOUT 500 wildlife conservators will be employed next fiscal year as part of the country's strategy to reduce shortage of staff, which is impeding wildlife and natural resources management.
Minister for Tourism and Natural Resources, Mr Lazaro Nyarandu, said here over the weekend that Tanzania was looking forward to deploying highly skilled personnel along with the establishment of the designed wildlife authority.
He said the Tanzania Wildlife Management Authority (TAWA) had already been established by Government Notice number 135 of May, this year, tasked with a number of obligations including reshaping wildlife management and conservation.
"Employment of highly skilled wildlife conservators is important as we establish this authority whose vision is to become a centre of excellence in wildlife law enforcement.
So it is crucial that we deploying a workforce that meets this vision," he said. The minister was speaking shortly after he had officiated at a Pasiansi Wildlife Training Institute (PWTI) graduation ceremony that saw 373 paramilitary trainees graduating in different fields.
According to the minister, wildlife conservation activities countrywide had encountered a number of challenges, from poaching to massive destruction of natural resources, challenging the institute to address them as well.
He said Tanzania would keep mobilizing more resources, both financial and material, to ensure its wildlife resources were secured and maintained.

He said some partners had committed to support the country on that mission, pledging to equip it with high tech equipment such as helicopters for regular patrols in search of criminals and gangs sabotaging the country's wildlife resources.
Minister Nyarandu said the Pasiansi Institute would be transformed into a centre of excellence in wildlife training, adding that it had recently submitted its reviewed curriculum to the National Council for Technical Education for certification and approval.
PWTI Principal, Ms Lowaeli Damalu, said the trainees were awarded with Basic Certificates in Wildlife Management (BTCWM) and Technician Certificates in Wildlife Management (TCWM).
She said the pass rate in examinations had increase by 25 percent on average this year as the trainees learnt that the government planned to offer them direct employment upon completion of their programmes.
"The trainees have passed well in subjects such as conservation education and communication skills, wildlife management, ballistics and military training, law enforcement, ornithology and wildlife statistics," she said.
The graduates called for the possibility of supplying them with modern arms such as submachine guns, AK 47 and light machine guns during the field training since they were the ones often used by poachers to sabotage wildlife resources including the killing of elephants and rhinos.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
    rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
    totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
    testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
    and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
    no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
    family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
    my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
    each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
    money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
    the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
    never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
    said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
    me they really change my story totally . They give me the
    sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
    was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
    own and become famous and popular in my country , today
    me and my family is living happily and I am the most
    happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
    Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
    other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
    interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
    contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
    email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
    email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete